Massage & Shirodhara
Relaxation Massage with herbalised oil (Abhyanga) – 60 MIN, $105.
This wonderful therapy consists of a full head and body massage administered by your practitioner.
Aromatic herbal oils are applied in a continuous flowing sequence.
The depth, speed and type of oil applied varies according to your personal needs and preference.
Benefits of this massage therapy include:
- Increased circulation to nerve endings
- Toning of muscles and the whole physiology
- Calming for the nerves
- Lubrication to the joints
- Increased mental alertness
- Elimination of impurities from the body
- Softer, smoother skin
- Increased levels of stamina through the day
- Better, deeper sleep
Shirodhara – 60 MIN, $130 total.
A signature Ayurvedic treatment that dates back to the ages. ‘Shiro’ means head and ‘dhara’ means unbroken flow of liquid.
Lukewarm herbal organic oil is hung from a specially designed copper vessel above the forehead and made to flow in a continuous, soft stream for around 30-45 minutes.
This deeply soothing therapy relieves stress and strain related problems, promotes sound sleep, relieves headaches and migraine, eases jet lag, and does wonders for your hair and scalp!
Detox Massage (Garshana) – 60 MIN, $105 | 30 MIN, $70.
Garshana is a dry massage aimed at stimulating the skin and lymphatic system. The use of silk gloves are particularly recommended.
The friction and static electricity created during the massage refreshes and stimulates the skin, improving metabolism and blood circulation.
Garshan massage helps to eliminate toxins, fat, and exfoliate dead skin cells.
Garshan is followed by a light oil massage.
- To make the most of your experience please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- We require at least 4 hr notice for any cancellations please. Cancellations without reasonable notice will be charged the full charge of the therapy.
- Please also give yourself 10-15 minutes after your therapy to enjoy and relax in the surroundings of Saffron Cottage. Stay for a warm cup of herbal tea or have a wander over our developing gardens and grounds.
- You can even walk down to Waikawa River on the property and sit and meditate a while.